Why you should use payroll software in your business
Using payroll software (like Xero) if you’re running your own small business and paying staff is a ‘no brainer’. It helps you to save time and meet all your legal compliance obligations so you can focus on the key aspects of running your business.
The major benefits
1) helps you to fulfil all your salary, wage, pay as you go (PAYG) withholding tax and superannuation guarantee reporting obligations to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) using the compulsory single touch payroll and SuperStream systems.
2) simplifies management tasks like tracking staff working hours and approving leave requests.
3) enables you to give your staff a controlled level of access to it so they can view their payslips, submit their timesheets and apply for leave.
4) allows you to quickly and easily:
· set up flexible pay calendars so you can pay your employees weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
· set up and calculate multiple pay rates based on different types of work that your staff may perform in any pay period.
· generate detailed payroll reports that include all staff payment and leave details.
· reimburse any eligible staff expenses.
· connect with other business software and applications for automatic account updating and improved business decision-making.
· collaborate with others who may require your payroll information, such as your bookkeeper or accountant.
How we can help
At Scorpion Bookkeeping, we’re a Xero-certified advisor. We specialise in helping innovative business owners to take advantage of all the benefits of Xero accounting software. We can help you to get set up in the cloud and we can also provide you with any bookkeeping support services that you need. We currently have business clients in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
Contact us today to find out how we can help your business!